Wichita Mountain Valentine's Day Hike

2.16.2015 -

"Some people are born with tornados in their lives but constellations in their eyes. Other people are born with stars at their feet but their souls are lost at sea." - To be able to see the good with having been born into a tornado. To be able to be okay with that, accept that, was one of the bigger challenged of my life. But my tornado has turned me into the good that I am. I have let it I have fought for it. I have found my constellations. I learned how to turn it into good instead of letting it plow through and destroy my life every day. It will not destroy the stars I now know are there. It will not destroy the stars around me.

Kick self doubt in the balls and keep fighting fearlessly. Go high and higher still. Fall down and get back up. Trip and stumble but keep on going. Rest and recover then keep taking steps forward. Conquer the uncertain. When you get stabbed with the cactuses of life sit and bleed and cry and then get up again and leave those cactuses in the dust. Stand on top of your mountains and laugh and throw your hands up and yell like a champ. This is you life. This is your choice. This is your fight. This is your story.



These two guys scaled up and around and over mountains like pros carrying their own backpacks with water and walkie talkies and all. They ate up the adventure of it and we will definitely be doing more hiking in the future. I expected the coming back down part to be a bit of problem. I figured they would be tired and done. But they held up all 4 miles minus the last 1/4 mile or so they started complaining a bit about their legs hurting! They're my little warriors.



"Real woman are strong, resilient, independent, unstoppable; they can never just settle." - "I am a hot blooded fighter and I am fearless. I say if I am beautiful. I say if I am strong. You will not determine my story. I will."



\

No comments:

Post a Comment