Last Day of Pre-K!

5.24.2014 -


Last day of pre-k! My heart is full and bursting. I have watched my boys learn, grow, mature and experience life in ways I never did as a child. I watched them get up excited to go to school and come home with crazy tales of all that happened that day be it good or be it hard lessons. I have watched them make lots of "best friends", go to their first dance, learn things mommy didn't even know, dress up...a lot, wait anxiously for that one day a month they got to be class leader, perform on stage, and take their first ride in "the big yellow school bus" and then getting to tell them they have done something mommy had never even got to do and watch them giggle wide eyed and feel big and grown up about that fact. I will never forget the first parent teacher meeting in August. I was terrified and nervous. What I had always been told about "school" was in my head, I didn't know what to expect. I was completely illiterate about it all. I sat in the boys at the time soon-to-be classrooms soaking in the bright cheery surroundings and the enthusiastic teacher. I stared in awe. I gulped down knots in my throat and tried to appear like the other parents. Like I knew what I was doing and this was normal. I left, got in my car and bawled all the way home. They were tears of excitement for the boys and tears of pain for little girl inside me. And those tears...have showed up a lot over the last 9 months. I could not be more proud of the little men these two have become and are becoming. I could not be more overjoyed of the life they are getting to live and trying to the best of my ability every day to nurture and love and be there for their little souls to give them what they need to grow up strong and healthy and alive. And slowly with each experience and each tear and every jumping excited day and grinning bright eyed joys and hard lesson they learn...that little girl inside me is healing.

I can't wait to spend all summer with them even though there are days I know we're all 3 going to go crazy! :P 85 days or so of party time, adventures, water gun fights, long swims, lots of sunshine, popsicles, watermelons, and sun tanned skin! And then...on to kindergarten we will go!





The first jump of summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment